I guess searching for my old Apple/iTunes ID can be helpful. I went to my old email address and found a hidden gem in my old Yahoo! mail. In 2005 I had created a bucket list of sorts and invited some friends to come along. It was before I had quit drinking or even started on any path to a truly healthy self, aside from trying every health gimmick there was on the market.
My life has changed quite a bit, and this list is about to be updated and some added to my “Goals” page. However the original text from the email is below in black. My comments and updates are in red, but if I have completed it my comment is green.
I was inspired by someone’s website I stumbled across a couple months ago. I have been slowly accumulating things I would like to do. Just thought I would share and encourage everyone else to do the same! We can share our goals every so often to see where we are. I think it’s good to have BIG goals and little goals.
As you can see I only have a little over 30 Things to do as of today, but as the weeks go on I will update and share with anyone else who wants to do this. Just let me know if you would like to be a part of this too! If you don’t, no need to respond I will just take you off my email list.
For some of you, I will have this posted on a certain chubby website and I encourage you to post yours there too.
101 Things to do Before I Turn 50!
1. Get a cover-up/fix my tattoo on my upper right arm
2. Lose 40lbs (Goal of 138lbs) – More like gained 40lbs!!
3. Learn to Ski/Snowboard
4. See a Musical on Broadway in NY
5. Go on a European vacation
6. Catch up all scrapbooking to current photos
7. Train\Run a marathon – Completed my first marathon in October of 2008
8. Keep my house (including bathrooms and under the bed) clean for a month straight
9. Buy a house
10. Fix my bike and ride it – well, we did sell it at a garage sale, so someone has fixed it an ridden it
11. Decide what I want to be when I grow up – Still working on that one
12. Go back to school – I did for a short period of time
13. Be a stay at home mom – Um, I think it’s too late for this one
14. Travel across the country and see historic sites
15. Work on a political campaign
16. Tell my dad just what I think of him – Hmmm, not sure it’s worth it
17. Go to Hawaii
18. Buy some stocks/Play the stock market
19. Learn how to play Pai Gow Poker and play in a casino – DONE! And I suck, but I did it.
20. Learn to make flower arrangements – I did buy a book.
21. Read the books I’ve always thought I should read:
a. The Bell Jar – DONE
b. A Tale of Two Cities
c. Anna Karenina – DONE
d. Great Expectations
e. Pride and Prejudice
f. Wuthering Heights
g. One Hundred Years of Solitude– DONE
h. Satanic Verses
i. For Whom the Bell Tolls
j. Wrinkle in Time
k. Atlas Shrugged
l. The Haunting of Hill House
m. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
n. Sophie’s Choice
o. The Bonesetters Daughter – DONE
22. Go to a football game with my darling hubby
23. Go snorkeling
24. Learn to sew (much better then I know now)
25. Run a nine minute mile
26. Get a pug and name it Jeeves
27. Buy a real diamond necklace
28. Get a fake tan (the spray you down kind)
29. Get a Brazilian Wax (OUCH!)
30. Write and publish a children’s book
31. Host Christmas Dinner – DONE, holy crap, when I hosted that year I had forgotten this was even on my list!
32. Learn to Swing Dance
33. Exercise in the morning 5 days in a row – DONE I did it, but is it on my list to continue doing this for the rest of forever?
34. Clean my garage so one car can fit in it!
I can’t wait to add to this and update my Goals! page.