Yay! It’s that time of the month again and I am feeling like eating anything and everything. My regular snack items are making me rather grumpy, so I was struggling to find something that fills me up just enough, but doesn’t leave me bored. With access to a nutritionist you would think the first place I would go would be to Heather seeking advice, but for whatever reason my brain was working that way. Even after a telephone conversation with Heather AND a couple emails I still didn’t think to ask her, but in her last reply to me she said ” Let me know if you want some more snack ideas. :)” Dude, I must have been oozing with Snack Boredom and didn’t realize.
So as to not miss an opportunity, I quickly responded with a yes, and was given some fabulous new snack ideas. What I was bored of was nuts and a fruit, or almond butter and a fruit, or hummus and a rice snap. Here is a lists of things for me to look into:
- Endives filled with chicken salad, turkey, egg salad tuna salad. All organic ingredients of course.
- Turkey bacon eaten like jerky
- Veggies & hummus
- cashew butter with fruit,
- coconut milk or almond milk with protein powder
- The bars or Essential meals from Muffin Top Makeover (just add water and shake)
- Cup of soup (I need to dig a little further but I think she is referring to the alkaline broth I made early in this process, which, is not a “sipping soup”. It’s an acquired taste.)
- parfait of fruit with nuts and seeds , pour coconut milk over it
- Keep snacks small and limit to only times when you are truly hungry.
I am so going to try the endives filled with some sort of sanctioned salad, and I bought some turkey bacon so I can cook it up to be eaten like jerky. I bought the Trader Joe’s Peppered Uncured Turkey Bacon. Most of the stuff in the bacon isn’t so bad, but some it is a little questionable, but it beats the nitrate laden options in most grocery stores.
For now, I will eat an apple and some sunflower seeds (I think those are ok, at least I don’t eat a bunch of them) and drink my water. I am achy and bloated and EXTREMELY grumpy today, so I will not carry on and on with my misery. Putting on a smile and getting back to my day. Cheers!